A meaty feast fit for the finest carnivore!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 (125g each) 5mm-thick fillet steaks
- 4 thick slices rye or sourdough bread
- 2 handfuls wild rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons good-quality tomato chutney
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned, then push to one side of the pan.
- Add steaks, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned, but still pink in centre.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, toast bread. Divide onion rings between two slices of toast, followed by the steak.
- Top with rocket and tomato chutney, finish with remaining toast. Serve immediately.