Fast-food need not be bought - enjoy a steak sanga with the 'lot' at home, served with the fresh, hot chips.
- 1kg packet frozen chips
- 175g rashers bacon, trimmed
- 4 (200g each) beef minute steaks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 slices white bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed, washed
- 4 large slices tasty cheese
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place chips on an oven tray. Bake following packet directions.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or barbecue plate over high heat. Add bacon and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Spray both sides of steak with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook steaks, 2 at a time, for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Place 4 slices toast on a flat surface. Spread with half the mayonnaise. Top with rocket, steak, cheese, bacon, tomato and beetroot. Spread remaining mayonnaise on remaining toast. Sandwich together and skewer with toothpicks or cocktail sticks. Cut in half and serve with hot chips.