Make your loved one swoon with succulent steak florentine on Valentine's Day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 800g (double-rack) rib-eye steak cutlets (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Combine oil and paprika in a bowl. Rub steak with oil mixture. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook steak, turning occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place steak and garlic on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove garlic. Roast steak for 20 to 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place butter, thyme and lemon rind in a bowl. Squeeze roasted garlic flesh into bowl. Stir to combine. Cut steak into 2 cutlets. Serve topped with butter mixture and lemon juice.