Want your dinner to be both fast and healthy? Look no further than this tasty salad.
- 500g piece lean sirloin steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 800g canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Place the steak in a bowl and sprinkle over the Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin. Toss to coat the steak in the mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the steak and cook for about 5 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and set the steak aside in a warm place for a few minutes to rest, then slice.
- Meanwhile, blanch the corn kernels in a pan of boiling water. Combine the drained kidney beans and corn in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and the remaining teaspoon of ground cumin to the bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the sliced steak and the sliced spring onion to the salad and toss gently to combine.