Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 500g spaghetti pasta
- 24 vongole/clams
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 200ml / 3/4 cup white wine
- 200ml / 3/4 cup fish stock or water from pasta pot
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- - On a chopping board start by dicing the onions and then cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- - Use a garlic crasher/mincer for the garlic.
- - Wash well the closed vongole/clams and then set aside.
- - In a medium/large saute pan pour the extra virgin olive oil and heat up for 30 seconds.
- - Add the onions, garlic & chili flakes and fry for 2 mins.
- - Then add the vongole/clams to the pan and toss. Pour the white wine & the fish stock.
- - Cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 5-8mins till the vongole/clams are all open.
- - Add the chopped parsley, cherry tomatoes and season with salt & pepper
- - When the Spaghetti are cooked â€˜Al Denteâ€™ and ready add them to the vongole sauce and toss them together.
- - Serve hot in a large serving plate or dish and set in the middle of the table.
- This Recipe has benn published courtesy of