Brown, red and black rice varieties make an ideal accompaniment to Asian-glazed salmon.
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 500g skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned
- 1 1/3 cups (265g) SunRice Mountain Blend rice
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced on the diagonal
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine sugar and soy in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Cool slightly. Brush onion and salmon with half the soy mixture, transfer to a baking paper-lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet instructions, adding broccolini for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, then add remaining soy mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide rice and broccolini among serving bowls. Flake over salmon and serve with onion and lemon wedges.