Twist up your midweek menu with this spice-rubbed steak and lentil salad.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 700g piece beef rump steak
- 80g feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch silverbeet
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Make Warm lentil and silverbeet salad: Remove and discard stalks from silverbeet. Finely shred leaves. Place lentils, oil and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes until lentils are heated through. Combine silverbeet, tomato and onion in a large bowl. Add lentil mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Combine sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder and cumin in a bowl. Season with salt. Rub mixture over both sides of the steak.
- Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook steak for 6 to 8 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Cut into thick slices. Serve steak on salad, sprinkled with fetta.