This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 18 x 15cm squares filo pastry (cut from large squares)
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 85g cans smoked mussels, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 eggs
- 150ml cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 125g brie, sliced
- Mixed green leaf salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Take 3 squares of filo and place 1 on a workbench. Brush with melted butter, then place second piece on top at a 30-degree angle. Brush with the butter then repeat with the last sheet. Use to line one of the holes in a large six-hole muffin pan. Repeat with remaining pastry and butter, then blind bake for 5-6 minutes until light golden.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon, and cook for 1-2 minutes until onion just starts to brown. Stir in the garlic. Remove from heat, add the mussels and lemon juice and season.
- Combine the eggs and cream in a bowl, then stir in 1 tablespoon of the chives. Divide the mussel filling between the pastry shells, pour over the cream mixture and top each with a slice of brie. Bake for 15-20 minutes until filling is set and pastry is light golden. Garnish with chives and serve with the salad.