This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 2 cups (500ml) olive oil (or enough to cover tuna)
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly bruised
- Thinly sliced rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tuna steaks (about 250g each)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g baby artichoke hearts preserved in olive oil, drained
- 1/3 cup (40g) small black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place oil in a heavy-based frypan, large enough to hold the tuna in a single layer. Add garlic cloves and lemon zest. Heat on the lowest induction setting until the oil reaches body temperature (37.5°C), test this using a deep-fryer thermometer. Season tuna and place in the oil in a single layer (the oil should completely cover the fish). Cook for 10 minutes, then add spring onion, artichokes and olives.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, then transfer the fish and vegetables to serving plates. Drizzle with a little of the poaching oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.