Make your own Thai marinade to make these seafood skewers extra special.
- 12 green prawns
- 600g thick white boneless fish, cut into 3cm cubes
- 12 scallops
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 bunch coriander, washed, dried
- Soak skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile make marinade: Combine juice, sauces, oil and sugar in a bowl. Add finely chopped coriander roots and leaves. Mix well. Cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Thread prawns, fish and scallops onto skewers. Arrange in a ceramic dish. Pour over 3/4 cup marinade. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove skewers from marinade. Preheat a barbecue plate on high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook skewers, basting with marinade, for 1 to 2 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Serve.