Feel like eating fish? This super-fast grilled salmon is just the thing!
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 4 x 180g salmon or ocean trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Steamed jasmine rice (optional), to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the chilli, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil in a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Tear the herbs in a separate bowl and add the tomatoes and eschalots.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper, then set aside.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the salmon to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing with the tomato mixture.
- Place the salmon on a plate and top with the salsa. Serve with lime wedges and steamed jasmine rice, if desired.