Please the crowd this Christmas with a feast starring gourmet pistachio salmon.
- 2 (about 900g) salmon fillets
- 5 limes, halved
- Watercress sprigs, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed watercress sprigs
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (75g) toasted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- To make the pesto, process watercress, rocket, mint, pistachios and lime rind in a food processor until chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place 1 salmon fillet, skin-side down, on a clean work surface. Spread with pesto. Top with remaining fillet, skin-side up. Tie with string at 5cm intervals. Grease an oven tray. Place the salmon on the tray. Roast for 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on high. Add limes and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until caramelised.
- Serve salmon with limes and watercress sprigs.