Take it easy with these finger sandwiches which can be prepared well before the guests arrive (See notes)
- 1 x 210g can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 100g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 shallot, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 8 slices light rye bread
- Place the salmon and cream cheese in a bowl. Use a fork to coarsely mash. Add the shallot, dill and lemon rind, and stir until just combined.
- Divide the salmon mixture among half the bread. Top with the remaining bread.
- Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts from the sandwiches. Cut into fingers to serve.