Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 300g long grain rice
- 200g minced pork
- 200 g minced beef
- 4 rashers bacon
- 200g ricotta
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 200g tomato pulp (you can use fresh tomatoes the taste would be even better!)
- 100g Kunserva (tomato paste)
- 1tsp sugar
- 2 medium sized onions (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 100grms Rikotta (optional)
- In a pot, fry the onions with some olive oil till translucent, add
- bacon, and mince. Mix well so that meat cooks evenly, Add
- tomato pulp, kunserva, salt and pepper to taste and sugar.
- Cook sauce for about 20 mins on low heat.
- In a separate pot boil rice, drain and put back in empty pot,
- mix with cooked sauce Add Â¾ of the beaten eggs with
- rice and sauce and mix well.Pour the rice into a greased baking dish, and pour evenly the remaining eggs on top.
- Bake in a hot oven until top becomes golden brown for
- around 30 mins.