Stuff chicken breast with this delicious combination of spinach and ricotta for a gourmet meal that is surprisingly easy to prepare.
- 1 bunch English spinach, stalks removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 20g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (180g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bunch baby carrots, steamed, to serve
- 200g sugar snap peas, steamed, to serve
- Place spinach in a shallow, microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves are just wilted. Set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze out excess moisture. Finely chop.
- Place spinach, ricotta, parmesan, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Cut a deep pocket along the length of each chicken breast (do not cut all the way through). Spoon one-quarter of the spinach mixture into each pocket. Secure with 2 toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Spread potatoes in a single layer over 1 tray. Spray with oil. Place on top shelf in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Place on remaining tray.
- Reduce oven to 200°C. Place chicken under potatoes and roast both for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes tender and crisp. Remove chicken. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Cut chicken in half. Serve with crispy potatoes, steamed carrots and sugar snap peas.