Chicken pulpetti are delicious. What more can I say? Spiced up with fennel seeds and thyme, and so easy to make! Serve with courgettes/marrows in piquant sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme and 1 tablespoon fennel seeds roasted and lightly ground in a pestal and mortar
- 2 slices of bread
- Small cup of milk
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 kg chicken thighs deboned and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (kunserva)
- 60 grams of livers diced
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of parsley chopped to garnish
- Soak the bread in milk for a few minutes. Squeeze the milk and then roughly tear in pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together (except the parsley) in a large bowl.
- Form into large round patties (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Shallow fry the pulpetti for 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the pulpetti in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with marrows in a piquant sauce.