Serve this tender pulled pork in crispy lettuce leaves for a fresh weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1.8kg Australian Pork boneless forequarter roast
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 10cm-piece ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 star anise
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mirin
- 2 cups (300g) cooked white rice
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add pork and cook, turning, for 10 mins or until outside is golden. Remove from pan.
- Add spring onion, ginger, garlic and star anise to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion starts to brown. Add stock, soy sauce, mirin and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to the boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until pork is tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Remove and discard rind from pork. Use two forks to shred pork.
- Divide rice among lettuce leaves. Top with pork, onion, coriander and chilli.