Tender pulled pork rolls with apple and radish coleslaw make a fantastic lunch time feast.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.2kg boneless pork shoulder, rind removed
- 2 teaspoons ground smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 baby fennel, shaved
- 4 red radish, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup finely shredded mint leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) Paul Newman's Own Whole Egg Aioli
- 6 soft bread rolls, split
- Salt, to season
- Preheat oven to 200C. Use a small knife to remove and discard excess fat from pork. Heat oil large, ovenproof casserole pan over high heat. Add pork, cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Combine the paprika, fennel, cumin and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over pork. Pour chicken stock around pork. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 140C. Bake, covered, for 3 hours or until pork is very tender. Remove from oven. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the apple, fennel, radish, cabbage, mint and half the aioli in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the pork. Spread bread rolls with remaining aioli. Divide pork among bread rolls, top with coleslaw. Serve immediately.