Jill Dupleix gives lean chicken a crunchy coating from golden polenta with more corn flavour coming from a tangy salsa.
- 2 tablespoons instant polenta
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 roasted capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 bunch watercress
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the polenta out on a plate. Brush the top of the chicken with a little oil and season, then press the oiled side into the polenta to coat well.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium- high heat. Cook chicken, polenta-side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer a baking tray, polenta-side up, and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, chilli, corn, spring onion, lime juice, coriander and remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Season.
- Serve chicken with corn salsa, lime and watercress sprigs.