Crumbed, baked chicken oozing with melted cheese, this one isn't for the faint of heart.
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g Taleggio (see notes), rind removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 3/4 cup (50g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (20g) grated parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine thyme, garlic, Taleggio and 1 tablespoon parsley, and season. Cut a deep pocket lengthways in the thickest part of each fillet and fill with Taleggio mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, then season. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken first in egg, then crumbs and place in a greased baking dish. Combine butter and oil, then pour over chicken. Bake for 25 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for 5 minutes or until starting to soften and chicken is cooked. Remove toothpicks, then serve