Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 1 kg octopus
- 2 tblsp red wine
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Clean and wash the octopus. Pat dry and do not cut up. Place octopus in a deep pan pour the red wine and cover . When it boils rapidly, simmer for 1 Â½ hours. Turn it over in the pan once or twice until sides turn pink. Check tenderness with a fork as you would check a cooked potato. If not done, let it simmer for about 10 minutes, checking it every 10 minutes after that.
- Mix the chopped parsley, finely chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the roughly chopped octopus and toss well.
- This method is ideal because the octopus retains its flavour, firmness and tender. It can be used in any recipe like octopus stew or as a salad etc.