Switch up your schnitzel recipe with this tasty twist - ready in just 30 minutes.
- 4 x 200g rump steaks, trimmed
- 1 1/3 cups (120g) rolled oats
- 3 streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 100g each pea shoots and rocket leaves
- 200g green beans, trimmed, blanched, halved lengthways
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Using a rolling pin, flatten steaks between two sheets of baking paper until 1.5cm thick. Combine oats, bacon and 1 tbs flour in a bowl and season with pepper. Whisk egg and milk in a second bowl and place remaining 1/4 cup (35g) flour in a third bowl. Dust steak in flour, then dip in egg mixture, then coat in oat mixture.
- Heat 2cm sunflower oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat and, in batches, cook schnitzels, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
- To make the salad, combine olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Season, then add pea shoots, rocket leaves and beans. Toss to combine. Serve with schnitzel and lemon wedges to squeeze over.