Serve this moist slow-cooked pulled pork Mexican-style with corn chips, melted cheese and fresh tomato and avocado
- 1.8kg pork forequarter shoulder
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 600g plain corn chips
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- Sour cream, to serve
- Slash pork with a sharp knife without cutting all the way through (to help flavours penetrate). Place in a 5.5L (22 cup) slow cooker with onion, garlic, spices and oregano. Season and toss to coat, rubbing in spices into meat. Shake off most of onion and garlic to the bottom of the cooker. Place pork on top. Pour over Massel Liquid Stock Beef Style. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is very tender and flakes with a fork.
- Place pork on a board and shred with 2 forks. Add as much cooking liquid as you like to moisten the meat.
- To assemble, preheat oven grill. Arrange corn chips on serving plates. Top with shredded pork and cheese. Cook under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with avocado, onion and coriander and serve with a dollop of sour cream.