Add Mexican flavour to your steak dinner.
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 beef sirloin steaks
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 x 300g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the cajun seasoning and enough olive oil in a bowl to form a paste. Rub the paste evenly over both sides of the steaks. Heat a non-stick frying pan or chargrill over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a large plate. Cover with foil to keep the steaks warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the avocado, tomato, green shallots, coriander, kidney beans, lime rind and juice in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on serving plates. Serve with salad and lime wedges.