For a drool-worthy feast, try this maple flavoured pulled pork, paired with crunchy apple slaw and served on fresh burger buns. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Australian Pork Boneless Leg Roast, string removed
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 410g can tomato puree
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 cups Coleslaw Mix
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coleslaw dressing
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 8 Bakery Kaiser Rolls, split, toasted
- Heat oil in a large deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, turning, for 10 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until starting to brown. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add tomato puree, maple syrup, mustard, water and mixed herbs. Bring to a simmer. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 2 hours or until pork is very tender. Remove pork from pan. Shred meat coarsely, discarding any fat. Place in a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking liquid.
- Combine coleslaw, apple and dressing in a medium bowl. Place lettuce on bun bases. Top with pork, apple slaw and bun tops to serve.