These sweet starters use mangoes and prawns in a fabulous combination. Perfect for your next party!
- 16 slices sandwich-size bread
- 80g butter, melted
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 large mango, flesh diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 16 medium cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Remove and discard crusts from bread. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin. Using an 11cm (diameter) round cutter, cut 1 circle from each piece of bread. Brush both sides of 12 circles with melted butter. Press into holes of a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Add mango, chives, chutney, and salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into prepared cases. Top with prawns. Serve.