This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 60g MeadowLea Hi-Omega spread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 125g white marshmallows, chopped
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 eggwhite
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 22cm (base) cake pan. Use electric mixer to cream spread, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda together. Fold dry ingredients and buttermilk into egg mixture.
- Spoon into pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack.
- To make icing: Stir marshmallows and buttermilk in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Beat eggwhite to stiff peaks. Add cocoa and beat well. Stir marshmallow mixture into eggwhite mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spread over cake.