With half the fat of a classic chocolate cake, this lighter version gives you guilt-free pleasure!
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- cocoa powder and mixed berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm fluted ring pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and milk on low speed for 1 minute or until just combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for 2 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into pan. Smooth top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place cake on a plate. Dust with cocoa. Top with berries. Serve.