Follow the steps in this recipe to ensure that the chicken breasts remain moist and tender after cooking.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 egg whites
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2cm lengths
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 125g fresh baby corn, halved lengthways
- Steamed jasmine rice and sliced green onion, to serve
- Combine lemon juice, stock, honey, soy sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Combine 2 teaspoons cornflour and 2 teaspoons cold water in a small bowl. Add to lemon mixture. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Place egg white and remaining cornflour in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Whisk with a fork until smooth and combined. Add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Drain chicken from egg white mixture. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add a third of the chicken to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken in 2 batches.
- Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add corn. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to wok. Add sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice, sprinkled with green onion.