Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- Half litre lemon juice
- 1 litre water
- Sugar as much as you please.
- Pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice (around 10 ripe lemons) & water in a saucepan. Put it on low heat. When the mixture is warm enough pour in the sugar & stir until it dissolves. When the mixture is sweet enough for your taste remove from heat & leave to cool down.
- Put in freezer & remember to take it out & give it a good mix every now & then(maybe using kenwood)
- Before consuming leave it to defrost a bit & beat it in kenwood again in order to give it a creamy texture.
- My niece found this recipe in an Italian recipe book & she was kind enough 2 translate it in English for me.
- Good luck & enjoy eating the granita!!!!!