Brighten up your dinner with some jerk steaks and a side of freshly made cornslaw.
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp each chilli powder, ground ginger and ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 4 x 200g beef rump steaks
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- 3 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- To make the jerk marinade, combine all the ingredients, except the steak and rocket leaves, in a bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, for the cornslaw, cook the corn cobs in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until kernels are tender, then drain and refresh in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel and slice off kernels.
- Combine with remaining cornslaw ingredients, then season and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to high.
- Cook the steaks for 2 1/2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and rest, loosely covered in foil, for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steaks, then serve with cornslaw and garnish with rocket leaves.