Looking for a fantastic tasting meal in a hurry? Look no further than this Japanese style noodle dish with smoked trout for extra flavour.
- 270g packet organic somen noodles*
- 2 x 150g packets smoked ocean trout or salmon portions* skin discarded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar*
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari* or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cook the somen noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Rinse under cold water, then drain.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and flake the fish over the top. Add the cucumber, spring onions, herbs and bean sprouts, and toss gently to combine.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour half the dressing over the noodles and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.