Spend less time washing up with this one-pot chicken, chorizo and rice recipe.
- 200g chorizo sausages, sliced (see notes)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix (see notes)
- 1 1/3 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 425g can Rosa diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Place chorizo in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove chorizo to a bowl. Add half the chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to the bowl with the chorizo. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add spice mix to the saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to coat. Return chorizo and chicken to pan. Add tomatoes and stock. Season with salt. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until rice is tender and stock absorbed. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.