This hearty family pie is full of spicy Asian flavours and healthy vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste (Maesri brand)
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 (about 230g each) single chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 800g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 sheets (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled puff pastry, just thawed
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the chicken and pumpkin. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add the spinach, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce, and stir until spinach just wilts. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon the chicken mixture among 4 rectangular 250ml (1-cup) capacity pie tins. Brush the edges of the tins with egg. Brush half of each pastry sheet with egg and fold in half. Top each pie with a pastry rectangle and lightly press the edges to seal. Use a small sharp knife to trim any excess pastry and cut 2 slits in the top of each pie. Brush the tops with egg.
- Place the pies on a large baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and serve with rocket.