Change up your weeknight routine with this quick and easy 30 minute meal.
- 24 peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 1 â„2 x 262g btl medium peri peri marinade
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh green chilli, halved, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 60ml (1 â„4 cup) water
- 1 1 â„2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 450g pkt microwave long-grain white rice
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- Combine prawns and peri peri marinade in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, chilli, coriander, lime rind and water in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Season well. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the rice, black beans and spinach mixture. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well combined and warmed through.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add prawn mixture. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Place prawns on top of the rice mixture and top with the extra coriander leaves. Squeeze over lime wedges before serving.