Now everyone can enjoy a plate of scones with this simple gluten-free recipe.
- 200g (1 1/2 cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 30g chilled butter, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) mineral water
- Milk, to brush
- Henry Jones Â® & Co Fruit and Chia Spread Blood Orange & Chia seeds, to serve
- Whipped cream or crÃ¨me fraiche, to serve
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture. Make a well in the centre of the mixture. Add the cream and mineral water. Use a flat bladed knife to mix until mixture just comes together. Transfer to a work surface and gently knead until mixture just comes together, being careful to not overknead. Gently pat the mixture until 2cm-thick thick. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut 12 rounds from the scones.
- Preheat oven to 200/180 degrees fan forced. Place the scone rounds just toughing on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush lightly with milk. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and flaky. Serve, cut in half and topped with jam and cream.