This is the gluten-free brownie of your dreams!
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 335g (1 1/2 cups) white sugar
- 110g almond meal
- 30g (1/4 cup) Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don€™t let the bowl touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until melted. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in the egg, sugar, almond meal, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Set aside to cool completely.