These gluten and dairy-free friands are made from a mix of berries and white chocolate pieces.
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar
- 1/2 cup potato flour, rice, flour or other gluten-free flour
- 150g pkt hazelnut meal
- 100g dairy-free white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, raspberries or blueberries
- 150g dairy-free spread, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, extract or essence
- 6 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Grease a 12-cup friand or muffin pan.
- Sift icing sugar and potato flour together in a bowl. Add hazelnut meal, white chocolate and berries and mix lightly to combine.
- Whisk egg white in a separate bowl until just foamy. Add egg white to dry ingredients with the dairy-free spread and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared friand pan and bake for 25-30 mins until golden. Cool friands in pan before removing. Store in an airtight container.