This gluten-free version uses less sugar for healthier banana bread that the whole family will love.
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (200g) banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup (165ml) olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 2 Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablepoons Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 10g butter
- 2 large just-ripe bananas, thickly sliced diagonally
- Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and 2 long sides of an 11cm x 20cm loaf pan.
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Whisk the mashed banana, oil, egg and maple syrup in a bowl. Add to the flour mixture and combine. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the banana bread into slices and toast. Meanwhile, melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the banana and cook for 1 min each side or until browned.
- Place the banana bread on serving plates. Top with the banana and drizzle with a little extra maple syrup.