Serve these gluten-free friands as a sweet treat in the afternoon.
- 155g (1 1/2 cups) almond meal
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) gluten-free pure icing sugar, sifted
- 90g (2/3 cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 150g butter, melted
- 5 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 125g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease thirty-six holes of 30ml (1 1/2 tablespoons capacity) mini muffin pans. Lightly dust with gluten free flour.
- Combine the almond meal, icing sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add the butter, egg whites and lime rind and stir to combine. Pour heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly among the prepared pans. Top each friand with a raspberry.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Stand in pans for 2 minutes before turning on a wire rack to cool.