These beautiful prawns with their rich garlic flavour are simply irresistible.
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 80g butter, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg medium green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/3 cup loosely packed finely chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- 4 slices crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place four 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes on a baking tray. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in each dish. Place in preheated oven for 2 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and garlic in a saucepan over low heat. Add prawns and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Divide prawn mixture among prepared dishes. Cook in oven for 8 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour. Remove from oven.
- Place dishes on plates. Sprinkle the prawns with chives and serve with bread.