Ward off cold and flu viruses by drinking this mixture of vegetable juice and echinacea tea daily- the vegies contain anti-oxidants and vitamin C, while echinacea boosts immune function.
- 1 echinacea tea bag
- 80ml (1/3 cup) boiling water
- 2 large carrots, peeled, topped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1 lime, peeled
- Ice cubes (optional), to serve
- Place the tea bag in a small heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, use a juice extractor to process the carrot, capsicum and lime. Transfer to a small jug. Squeeze all the liquid from the tea bag. Pour the tea into the jug. Add the ice cubes and stir to combine. Pour among glasses to serve.