Succulent chicken is given an international twist in this aromatic dinner idea.
- 1/4 cup (45g) whole hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally, blanched
- 1 baby fennel, shaved
- 100g mizuna lettuce
- Baby celery leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread hazelnuts on an oven tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until toasted. Place nuts in a clean tea towel and rub to remove skins. Coarsely chop.
- Stir sesame seeds, cumin and coriander in a frying pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Cool.
- Place hazelnuts, sesame mixture, salt and pepper in a mortar and pound with a pestle until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Place on a plate. Roll chicken in mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to an oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until cooked. Rest for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Place raspberries in a clean mortar and pound until crushed. Add vinegar, mustard, hazelnut oil and remaining olive oil and stir until well combined. Season to taste.
- Place chicken on plates and top with combined asparagus, fennel, mizuna and celery leaves. Drizzle with dressing to serve.