After an easy Friday night dinner everyone will enjoy? This recipe for crumbed chicken and chips could be just the ticket!
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs made from day-old white bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (see note)
- 600g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm-thick chips
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm-thick chips
- olive oil cooking spray
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place flour and breadcrumbs on plates. Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into flour, then egg mixture and breadcrumbs. Place on 1 prepared tray. Refrigerate until required.
- Place potato and sweet potato in a single layer on remaining prepared tray. Spray with oil and turn to coat. Bake on top shelf in oven for 10 minutes.
- Spray chicken with oil. Place in oven under chips. Roast chicken and chips for 20 minutes. Swap trays over in oven. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is golden and juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer and chips are crisp and tender. Serve with tomato sauce.