This tuna pasta bake is so simple that maybe it is time to put your feet up and let the kids make it?
- 400g shell or spiral pasta
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300ml cream
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs eg. parsley, chives, basil, thyme
- 2 x 190g can tuna in oil
- 1 cup (120g) grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the tomato paste and cream and stir until combined. Stir through the pasta, chopped herbs and tuna and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a large ovenproof dish or 4 individual ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top. Set aside for 5 minutes, then serve with a simple salad.