Light flavours and crisp, crunchy textures combine in cucumber and crab canapes.
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- 10 wonton wrappers, quartered
- 200g fresh crab meat
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, very finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Baby herbs, to garnish
- Heat enough oil in a medium frying pan to reach a depth of 1cm. Place over medium heat. Add 4 wonton pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers in batches.
- Combine the crab, cucumber, kaffir lime leaves, coconut cream, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Place crab mixture evenly among wontons and top with baby herbs. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.