Snack right with these more-ish beetroot and sweet potato chips.
- 500g sweet potato
- 500g beetroot, washed and end trimmed
- Olive oil spray or coconut oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 120, line baking trays with baking paper.
- Slice sweet potato and beetroot on the finest setting with a mandoline into rounds. Ensure that you keep the skin on. Alternatively slice by hand as thin as possible.
- Line baking trays one with beetroot, one with sweet potato and liberally spray with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. You can slightly overlap the chips but just ensure you spray oil before layering on top of the beetroot or sweet potato.
- Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes until chips are dried out and crispy, you may need to increase this time if your slices are thicker. Note, chips will increase in crispiness when removed from oven to cool. Remove from oven and allow the chips to dry out for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container or serve immediately. Chips are best eaten on the same day they are made.