Coconut dressing with cashew nuts gives authentic flavour to this beautiful Asian chicken noodle salad.
- 700g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g packet fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons lengthways
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons lengthways
- 425g can baby corn, drained, rinsed, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 270ml can Ayam light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- Combine chicken, oil, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain and rinse under cold water. Combine noodles, carrot, cucumber, corn and capsicum in a bowl.
- Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill over high heat. Cook chicken for 6 to 7 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: Place ingredients in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Add chicken and dressing to noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.