This hearty soup is full of all our favourite seafood.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 parsley stalks
- 3/4 cup (185ml) white wine
- 2 x 400g cans whole tomatoes, drained, juice of 1 can reserved
- 2 cups (500ml) fish stock
- 1.5kg seafood marinara mix*
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook for a further 10 minutes until fennel is soft. Add parsley and wine, then reduce for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved juice, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Top with stock and 1 cup (250ml) water, then increase heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Increase heat to high, add seafood and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes until shellfish have opened and prawns and fish are opaque. Serve in bowls, garnished with parsley and parmesan.