Get the weekend off to a great start with this satisfying omelette for breakfast or brunch.
- 2 quartered vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper
- oil spray
- 1 sliced chorizo sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- torn basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place vine-ripened tomatoes on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil then sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until soft. Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with a little oil spray. Add chorizo sausage, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan, place on paper towel then cover with foil and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spray a large (20cm base measurement) non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Add the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until surface is set. Using a spatula, turn each side in so the omelette forms a square. Remove from heat and place on a serving plate.
- To serve, top the omelette with the chorizo and tomato and scatter with torn basil leaves. Serve immediately.